CO2 Removal using Membranes
Preferred: CO2 Removal by GTM Gas Transfer Membranes like 3M’s Liqui-Cel™
Water, even pure water, contains dissolved CO2 gas and the ionic bicarbonate form HCO3-. Dissolved CO2 gas can be removed using GTM membranes; this is a closed clean system. Ionic HCO3- can be removed using RO if the pH is right. Understanding the pH of the RO feed, the RO permeate, and how this affects choice of CO2-removal strategy is important.
- SnowPure partners with Liqui-Cel to provide GTM for high purity water
- CO2 Removal by Liqui-Cel-Tech Brief
- RO-EDI Combined with Liqui-Cel-Tech Brief
- Liqui-Cel Improves EDI Performance Tech Brief
- 3M Liqui-Cel Website: http://www.liquicel.com
3M Liqui-Cel Membrane Contactors are used for degasing liquids around the world. They are widely used for CO2 removal from water. GTM is a clean technology that has displaced the vacuum tower and open air forced draft deaerator over the past 20 years.
3M Liqui-Cel Membrane is used extensively for deaeration of liquids in power generation, microelectronics, pharmaceutical, and industrial markets just to name a few.