Electrodialysis (ED or EDR) is used around the globe in many industrial, laboratory and recycling environments. EDR is an industrial membrane separation process in which ions are transported through ion- permeable membranes, from one stream to another, under the influence of a voltage potential gradient. If the ED is symmetrical, it can be run in EDR reversal mode to keep fouling to a minimum.
EDR is used in many applications:
- Seawater desalination
- Concentration of brines and wastes
- Salt removal from foods and beverages
- Impurity (chloride) removal from antifreeze (for recycle/reuse)
- Electroless plating baths
- Laboratory separations
- Bipolar ED: used for conversion of salts into the acid- and base-forms
SnowPure has extensive experience in water purification technologies. This gives us the ability to work with our customers to ensure the best solutions are being used to meet their needs.
Please contact SnowPure to discuss your EDR requirements.